Warehouse Supervisor - Dallas, TX
We are hiring a Warehouse Supervisor to work out of our Dallas, TX facility.
The Shipping Clerk role is responsible for all personnel, systems, and warehouse resources required for the effective control and completion of order fulfillment and shipping.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in shipping products. Plan, assign, and direct the work of shipping personnel.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Ensure products are staged and orders are prepared for movement.
- Confer with department heads in production, sales, quality, and purchasing to coordinate shipping activities.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy
- Ensure that shipment data, such as weight, chargers, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, is recorded.
- Work to satisfactorily resolve any customer issues
- Report any process or equipment issue to the appropriate member of management
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA and DOT requirements
- Strong character and strong leadership skills
- Previous shipping & warehousing experience, with experience in a manufacturing company preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities; Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills with a customer-focused attitude
- Familiarity with OSHA rules and regulation. Safety-focused attitude.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to work in hot conditions, on the plant floor at least 90% of the time (walking, standing, etc.)