Accounting & Finance
Melrose Park, IL
We are searching for a talented and highly motivated Business Analyst, to support our management team in various continuous improvement business initiatives in support of our company's further growth.
This position will work out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office and report to our General Manager for the US.
- Identify opportunities to improve and plan the study of work problems or procedures. Investigate and resolve problems.
- Review financial performance data, including cash flow, cost controls, expenses, and financial statements continuously to ensure goals are achieved and to determine areas that require improvement. Interact with business leaders to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
- Audit all purchases for plants and DC’s including raw materials, finished goods, spare parts, and maintenance materials. Apply continuous improvement methods to enhance quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Contribute to the decision-making related to all CAPEX projects. Lead the technical specification process, meeting with vendors, suppliers, and conferring with internal resources and management. Follow through on all projects, from seeking authorization for requests to project completion, making sure CAPEX projects stay on time, are within budget, and minimalize disruption to normal plant/warehouse activities.
- Contribute to diminishing obsolete material in the warehouse by developing processes to transform material into usable products and providing reports to the sales department on what material becomes available after the process is completed.
- Provide cross-functional support in all stages of sales related to products and inventory levels by utilizing SAP heavily to analyze and improve processes, manage sales and production orders, and transportation orders and deliveries.
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with executive management and other personnel as needed.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Engineering, Master's Degree is valued.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is required.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- Prior experience with SAP is highly preferred.
- Ability and desire to work on-site, in-office at our Melrose Park, IL.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally in furtherance of responsibilities, with or without notice.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.