Beam Load Capacities Chart
Search capacity by parameter(s)
|Family||Beam height||Length||Part Number||18 Digit Code||Capacity (LBS)|
- Capacities are per the 2012 RMI and 2001 AISI specifications.
- Interlake Mecalux beams over 126”L require bracing to prevent buckling.
- Beams longer than 90” that support decking must be tied together to prevent spreading (IK025B crossbar).
- Loading to be uniformly distributed over the length of the beam.
- Values shown reflect the capacity of the beams based on the lesser of its strength in bending, or L/180 deflection criteria.
- Load capacities are for uniformly distributed product load plus dead load per pair of beams (dead load = weight of beams).
- Capacities are valid for static load only.
- These capacities assume that all component parts are: (1) Manufactured by Interlake Mecalux. (2) In good condition. (3) Properly installed.