Shipping Lead - Sumter, SC
We are hiring a Shipping Lead to work out of our Sumter, SC facility.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in shipping products. Plan, assign, and direct the work of shipping personnel.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Ensure products are staged and orders are prepared for movement.
- Confer with department heads in production, sales, quality, and purchasing to coordinate shipping activities
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy
- Ensure that shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, is recorded.
- Work to satisfactoryily resolve any customer issues
- Report any process or equipment issue to the appropriate member of management
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all amterial handling equipment
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA and DOT requirements
- Strong character and strong leadership skills
- Previous shipping & warehousing experience, with experience in a manufacturing company preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities; Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills with a customer-focused attitude
- Familiarity with OSHA rules and regulations. Safety-focused attitude.
- Ability to work either 1st or 2nd shift
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions, on the plant floor at least 90% of the time (walking, standing, etc.)