Shipping Lead - Sumter, SC
Interlake Mecalux is the U.S. subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service or warehouse solutions.
We are hiring a Shipping Lead to work out of our Sumter, SC facility.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in shipping products. Plan, assign, and direct the work of shipping personnel.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Ensure products are staged and orders are prepared for movement.
- Confer with department heads in production, sales, quality, and purchasing to coordinate shipping activities
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy
- Ensure that shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, is recorded.
- Work to satisfactoryily resolve any customer issues
- Report any process or equipment issue to the appropriate member of management
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all amterial handling equipment
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA and DOT requirements
- Strong character and strong leadership skills
- Previous shipping & warehousing experience, with experience in a manufacturing company preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities; Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills with a customer-focused attitude
- Familiarity with OSHA rules and regulations. Safety-focused attitude.
- Ability to work either 1st or 2nd shift
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions, on the plant floor at least 90% of the time (walking, standing, etc.)