ROLE SUMMARY: This role is responsible for assisting in the controlling and continuous improvement of Sales.
- Oversee all activities related to continuous improvement of sales departments at the US subsidiary.
- Evaluate current US activities in order for the US to re-calibrate its activities in order to align with the intended processes, policies, guidelines, and expectations of Mecalux (parent company/headquarters)
- Increase business with underperforming accounts. Meet at the customer sites along with the assigned Area Market Managers and/or Account Executives to define/create new growth strategies.
- Review financial, sales, and other performance data continuously to ensure goals are achieved and to determine areas that require improvement. Review and control commission expenses as well as unusual deviations on the P/L
- Daily control of orders intake, discounts based on materials, payment terms and delivery dates. Follow up of the order portfolio. Make sure all orders have customer confirmation and are shipped accordingly.
- Review reports from USA Sales Managers that include detailed weekly sales targets, detailed daily actions and quotes, anomalies they may have in different projects during the execution process, and short-payments and customer purchase orders
- Contribute to training processes and training activities of sales and administration personnel in order to ensure those personnel meet the intended Mecalux objectives. Implement and ensure that all software being developed within the company (e.g. CRM software, “CIM”) is being used properly by the sales personnel.
- Make random visits to different US branches to ensure all processes are being followed in the desired way. Contribute to the establishment and implementation of the US subsidiary’s policies, processes, and procedures, conferring with Mecalux’s Executive Management in order to keep the US in line with the parent company.
- Help to train new associates in the department as necessary.
- Maintain daily communications with sales personnel at the US subsidiary, communicate back to the US Sales Director to summarize activities, metrics, and updates
- Audit expenses related to sales and administration. Authorize requests or seek authorization for requests, conferring with the US Sales Director.
- Lead cost savings opportunities and improvement processes
Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration. Master’s degree preferred.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for extended periods of time (2+ months), with or without notice, during the week and weekends.
- Fluency in Spanish is helpful