Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
We are hiring a Purchasing Coordinator to work out of our Melrose Park, IL facility.
Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for acquiring materials, supplies, and services to support manufacturing and operations, with a continuous focus on improving quality and reducing costs.
- Place purchase orders for goods that have standard costs and quoted discounts already in place.
- Execute purchasing requirements as established by global purchasing department of parent company.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Review opportunities for new supply sources and suitability of materials offered.
- Perform comparative analysis (minimum of 3 quotes) to ensure best price while maintaining quality standards.
- Follow up on orders.
- Assist to ensure contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives.
- May be involved with major contract negotiations with top suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices.
- Coordinate purchasing quality and on-time deliveries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, or related work experience.
- Familiarity with material flow in a manufacturing environment.
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an open, team environment.
- Familiarity of AS/400 and/or other MRP/ERP systems preferred.
|How to apply
||Job application center