Logistics Clerk - San Diego
Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
Interlake Mecalux has achieved substantial growth in recent years, more than tripling our sales from 2008 to present. We are hiring a Shipping Clerk to work out of our San Diego, CA facility.
The Logistics Clerk role is responsible for preparing bills of lading, scheduling shipments, and maintaining relationships with carriers.
- Call LTL, FTL, and Flatbed carriers to schedule shipments, meeting ship dates
- Prepare accurate bills of lading and packing slips
- Prepare ship schedule report daily
- Communicate heavily via phone and email regarding shipping status, order status, etc.
- Assist with inventory
- Good understanding of shipping and receiving processes within a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient computer skills (email, internet, MS Excel)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred