Jr. Human Resources Generalist- Melrose Park, IL
We are hiring a Jr. Human Resources Generalist to work out of our Melrose Park, IL facility.
This role is responsible is for performing Human Resources duties on a professional level, focusing on recruitment, employee relations, policies, safety, and benefits.
- Recruit qualified candidates for open positions
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Prepare and maintain personnel files, entering new hire information into HRIS and updating HRIS as needed
- Administer weekly timekeeping for personnel. Reconcile time cards with supervisors, collect PTO forms and other payroll-related documents
- Assist with all HR informational meetings such as Open Enrollment
- Manage accident investigations teaming with Plant Management to administer corrective action
- Listen to concerns and suggestions from associates and provide timely feedback
- Assist in a variety of Human Resources and administrative projects
- Other duties as needed
Vacancy located in:
- Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university
- A strong character with a bias for action; high energy, positive attitude, strong sense of urgency and action-oriented
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to creatively solve problems
- Professional communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work flexible hours, including coming in early and staying late, based on business needs
- Ability to work and interact with all departments throughout the organization