Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
Interlake Mecalux has achieved substantial growth in recent years, more than tripling our sales from 2008 to present. We are hiring a Jr. Freight Buyer to work out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office.
The Jr. Freight Buyer is responsible for maintaining relationships with carriers and negotiating freight rates for all domestic and international shipments.
- Maintain relationships with carriers
- Contact and negotiate with carriers to obtain quotes and services
- Review and approve all transportation invoices
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for conformity tariff and customs regulations
- Study the different means of transportation available for the freight, offering various solutions to internal logistics departments in order to meet all company transportation needs
- Manage in SAP all information related to transportation as quotes, carrier information, etc.
- Resolve all issues related with transportation and carriers
- Review records and reports for accuracy and compliance with established procedures
- Other duties as needed
- Related experience working in a transportation function
- Strong negotiation skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Professional communication skills
- Effective multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced environment
|How to apply
||Job application center