Safety & Environmental Coordinator
This role is responsible for assisting the EHS Manager in the Safety & Environmental department at our plant in Melrose Park, IL.
- Collect and file EHS Documents
- Complete safety inspections such as Fire Extinguishers, Emergency Lighting, Emergency Exits, Crane Inspection Audits
- Print and bind training material or safety-related signs
- Complete spot checks in production to verify compliance including proper PPE usage, seatbelt usage on forklifts, etc.
- Immediately report to EHS Manager any serious hazards or compliance issues
- Meet and assist visitors, verifying that visitors use proper PPE
- Verify inventory of essential safety supplies including PPE, first aid, sign-making supplies, etc.
- Create maintenance requests
Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Solid understanding of safe work practices, OSHA, and EPA (OSHA 10-hour certificate a plus) and knowledge and understanding of preventing disease transmission
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of standing/walking 6+ hours per day in hot and cold conditions as 75% of each day will be out on the plant floor, which is not climate-controlled.