Technical Buyer - Melrose Park, IL
We are hiring a Technical Buyer to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
The Technical Buyer is responsible for acquiring materials, supplies, and services to support manufacturing and operations, with a continuous focus on improving quality and reducing costs.
- Place purchase orders for goods, such as steel and paint that have standard costs and quoted discounts already in place.
- Execute purchasing requirements as established by global purchasing department of parent company.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Review opportunities for new supply sources and suitability of materials offered.
- Perform comparative analysis (minimum of 3 quotes) to ensure best price while maintaining quality standards.
- Follow up on orders.
- Ensure contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives.
- Coordinate purchasing quality and on-time deliveries.
- Enter Purchase Orders (PO’s) and enter purchased receipts into SAP
- Create various monthly, yearly, and weekly reports to show information such as required amounts of materials needed, manufacturing costs, etc.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Economics or Business Administration.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Familiarity with SAP is valued
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to work in the office with frequent visits to the plant, working in hot and cold conditions in an industrial setting.