We are hiring a Plant Manager to work out of our Pontiac, IL plant. This role is responsible for all aspects of plant operations, including production, materials, project engineering, shipping, human resources, and business analysis. The Plant Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Review production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Lead the development and implementation of improvements to critical manufacturing and preventative maintenance program processes and procedures to increase productivity, efficiency, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership to plant associates to incorporate continuous improvement principles and techniques.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems and create and implement process improvements.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge personnel. Resolve personnel issues.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs. Communicate purchasing needs with respect to equipment, materials, and supplies to the corporate purchasing department.
- Prepare reports related to production, shipments, inventory, etc. from SAP to MS Excel.
- Ensure associates operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of products and directing testing during production, to ensure finished products are of Interlake Mecalux quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations management, or engineering is preferred
- Prior experience in a management, director-level, or executive-level role with a manufacturing company. Preferably with direct and indirect reports of 100-500 employees
- Strong character with proven ability to lead by example
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and OSHA/EPA rules and regulations
- Ability to work in hot and cold plant conditions.
- Candidates must have high integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.