Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
This role is responsible for the leadership and hands-on execution of different projects that embrace approaches to manufacturing process excellence in Interlake Mecalux’s Pontiac, IL plant.
- Review all plant activities through physical presence on the plant floors, through SAP and Easy WMS, and through production schedules. Provide technical expertise and support related to manufacturing and the supply chain to plant floor personnel and management.
- Identify opportunities to improve manufacturing processes and plan the study of work problems or procedures including but not limited to machine maintenance issues, plant layout of equipment, materials or equipment used for production (e.g., steel, paint, forklifts, etc.), plant floor processes, and manpower issues. Investigate and resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness. Recommend to management ideas for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Oversee all CAPEX projects. Lead the technical specification process, meeting with vendors, suppliers, and conferring with internal resources and management. Follow through on all projects, from seeking authorization for requests to project completion, making sure CAPEX projects stay on time, are within budget, and minimalize disruption to normal plant/warehouse activities.
- Maintain daily communication with management at corporate office to provide summaries of all operations in the Pontiac plant and provide metrics for performance and updates on all ongoing projects
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in a similar position or otherwise related experience
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- Ability and willingness to work on-site at our Pontiac plant 100% of the time. Hybrid/remote not available for this position.
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions. Presence on the plant floor at least 50% of day is required. Plant is not climate controlled.
- Spanish language fluency is highly valued.
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.
ContactJob application center
The Website is operated by Interlake Mecalux, Inc. ("we", "our", or "us"). We have contracted with third parties to operate certain aspects of the Website on our behalf.
Purposes and Legal Grounds for Collecting and Processing Your Personal Information
The personal data supplied to us are processed in order to address your requests for information and visits; manage business relations; contact you through email; send business communications by post or email to apprise you of our products and services, sales and promotions, provided that you have consented to them; carry out surveys about our products and services in order to know about your experience with MECALUX and offer you better customer care and attention; provide online support to address your requests for technical assistance or information.
If you are a job candidate, your data can be processed in order to carry out personnel recruitment procedures; apprise you of the job vacancies that arise in our organization; request job references from people or companies to which you have rendered your services; and when applicable, to hire you as an employee. Finally, we are entitled to handle your personal data to process your orders, to provide the agreed-upon services and to send the requested information for carrying out the respective purchase contract or provide services in response to the interested party's request for pre-contractual measures. Based on our business relationship we are entitled to send business communications about our products, services, sales and promotions if you have given your consent. By the same token, we have a legitimate interest in carrying out surveys which are intended to improve customer service. We are also entitled to handle your data for recruitment processes in accordance with your expressed consent. In any event, you have the right to revoke the given consent, in a non-retroactive manner, at any time.
What Information Is Collected
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Interlake Mecalux may collect personal information like name, telephone number, email address, date of birth, home or business mailing address when you access certain areas of the Website that require registration or payment for products and services. Details regarding your mode of payment, e.g., credit/debit card or account information are collected by our third-party payment processor www.payerexpress.com.
At other times, Interlake Mecalux may collect information that cannot be used to directly identify you, such as browser type, Dynamic Internet Protocol (IP) address, “click stream” data, information contained with cookies, and similar non-personally identifiable information. For example, we may aggregate non-personal information about you and other customers who visit certain areas of our Website. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you (e.g., missing street number) from sources other than this Website, for example, other internal business records, and add it to the personal information collected via the Website.
How Do We Collect Information
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website, including, without limitation, those described below:
You may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Website or digital messaging services, such as newsletters or product information. Your decision to register is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to us and what communications you would like to receive; however, please be advised that many products and services available on the Website require registration and if you elect not to provide such information, you will not be able to take advantage of those products and services.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Interlake Mecalux may also collect additional information from your web browser each time you visit our Website. We may collect information on the pages that you visit, the promotions or advertisements that you click on, and other actions that you take while using our Website. This information may include your IP address, the type of browser, the time that your browser was used to access our Website, and the referring website address.
Our Internet Service Providers (defined below) may also use other standard web-based technologies to analyze your movements while accessing our Website. The technologies include analytic solutions, web “beacons,” “pixel tags,” and “clear gifs.” These technologies help us ascertain the effectiveness of our product and service campaigns and marketing programs, allow us to customize the services offered on or through our Website, and help determine the best use for Website content and product and service offerings. Some of this information, including the IP address, may be stored on our Internet service provider’s server logs and may be available for extended periods of time.
How Is your Information Used
Our Website uses the services of independent companies to provide certain services to you, including, without limitation, website hosting services, credit and debit card processing, order fulfilment, and Internet connectivity services (“Internet Service Providers”).
We may use your personal information to contact you via mail, email, text message, or telephone in order to give you updates about our special events, new services, winner confirmations, or other promotions that may be of interest to you. We also use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive from you. We may also use your IP address to help protect us and our Internet Service Providers from fraud.
Additional uses of your non-personal and personal information will allow us to tailor products and services specific to your needs, to help organize and manage your customer relationship and our business, to conduct business, to provide you with customer and member support, to perform functions that are described to you at the time of collection, and to enforce our Website’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
We may also use non-personal aggregate information to improve our Website. For example, our Internet Service Providers may report to us that there were a particular number of visitors to a certain area of our Website. Such information may also be used to analyze the effectiveness of our business and advertising models.
We may share your personal information with the Internet Service Providers as appropriate. We may also share personally identifiable information with outside, non-affiliated third parties that offer products and services that are complementary to our product lines. We may also disclose your personal information as is necessary to: (a) comply with a subpoena or court order; (b) cooperate with law enforcement or other government agency; (c) establish or exercise our legal rights; (d) protect the property or safety of our company and employees, contractors, vendors, and suppliers; (e) defend against legal claims; (f) help with internal and external investigations; or (g) as otherwise required by law or permitted by law. We may disclose your information in connection with the sale or merger of Interlake Mecalux or any transaction that involves the sale or assignment of some or all of our assets.
Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the Website or may use a traffic measurement service to analyze the traffic on the Website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this Website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. Audience and Traffic Measurement Services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavior information from the Website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Although advertisers or other companies do not have access to the Website cookies, the Website's advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies allow third-party advertisers to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. Note that any images (or any other parts of a web page) served by third parties in association with third-party cookies may serve as web beacons, which enable third parties to carry out the previously described activities. Other companies' uses of their cookies are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp in order to learn more about the information collection practices and "opt-out" procedures of third-party ad servers we may use.
Links To Third-party Websites
Interlake Mecalux makes reasonable efforts to ensure that our Internet Service Providers have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to assist with safeguarding your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Only our authorized personnel and our Internet Service Providers who perform legitimate business functions for Interlake Mecalux are authorized to access your personal information.
Notwithstanding our efforts, the Internet and online services have inherent security risks. Interlake Mecalux cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, personal searches, and other communications will always remain secure. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose your personal information or any username or password that you are required to use to access services on this Website or online service.
Data Retention Periods
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Other Social Media Websites, Blogs, Message Boards
The Website and the Interlake Mecalux Mobile application ("Interlake Mecalux Mobile") may make chat rooms, forums, commenting and message boards available to you and other users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. In addition, when you post a comment to Interlake Mecalux Mobile, the user name with which you registered for the Website and your current location will be made publicly available on the Website and through Interlake Mecalux Mobile. By using the commenting features of the Website and Interlake Mecalux Mobile, you acknowledge that your user name and location information will be disclosed. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
General Audience Website Not Directed Toward Children
This Website is a general audience Website. Our content is neither directed toward minors nor children who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If Interlake Mecalux or our Internet Service Providers become aware that a minor or a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without the parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. Parents who have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child under the age of 13 should email us at email@example.com.
Access to Personal Information and Consent to Transfer
The first time that you provide us with registration information through our Website, you may be offered the opportunity to subscribe to and receive additional information about our products and services. After your first use, you can make changes to your personal information and your initial choices by accessing your account or by contacting customer service e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
Interlake Mecalux will not share any personal information about you with outside third-parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent prohibited by California law, unless you agree otherwise as authorized by your prior written consent.
California residents have the right to request information from Interlake Mecalux regarding the manner that we may share personal information with affiliated companies and third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To find out what and how we share such information, you may send us an e-mail request at email@example.com and receive the following information:
- A. The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, if any;
- B. The names and addresses of the third parties who received information for their direct marketing purposes; and
- C. Examples of the products and services subject to the third-parties’ direct marketing programs, if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot be determined from their names.