Automation Project Manager - Melrose Park, IL
Automation / Operations
We are hiring an Automation Project Manager to work out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office.
The Project Manager role is responsible is for the coordination of all activities associated with the engineering, manufacturing and installation of material handling equipment products at customer sites.
- Act as a liaison between the customer contact(s) on the project site and Interlake Mecalux departments to coordinate the delivery and installation of automation products, materials, and associated labor.
- Develop project timelines and budgets with milestone dates for completion of work. Meet with contractors and customers to ensure project is completed according to schedule.
- Determine and obtain necessary permitting required for the installation.
- Coordinate the work of electromechanics, control, and software personnel.
- Write project reports, memoranda, and correspondence detailing project status and issues.
- Inspect subcontracted installation work of Interlake Mecalux products to ensure compliance with contractual commitments.
- Negotiate with the customer to determine the cost, terms, and conditions of change orders.
- Supervise the installation of Interlake Mecalux products as well as purchased products and materials.
- Resolve and determine alternative solutions to construction, manufacturing, installation, or equipment issues and problems at customer sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related work experience.
- At least 3 years of project management experience.
- Ability to travel 50% - 75% of the time, with or without notice.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.