Continuous Improvement Engineer - Melrose Park, IL
Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
Interlake Mecalux has achieved substantial growth in recent years, more than tripling our sales from 2008 to present. We are hiring a Continuous Improvement Engineer to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
- Optimize the assembly department planning and methodologies leading to reduced downtime and increased productivity
- Verify structural and assembly drawings and provide structural engineering guidance
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Maintain quality control in every area (budget, scheduling, planning, personnel performance, team dynamics)
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with executive management and other personnel as needed.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor all assigned engineering projects
- Collaborate with other engineers to create more efficient methods and maintain profitability
- Formulate realistic parameters for each project, including design elements, select equipment and implementation procedures
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Estimate cost saving methods and the effect of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Ensure that the designated shipping daily goal is met for all plants and distribution centers and direct the continuous improvement process of improving on-time shipping
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or similar field of study). Master's degree preferred.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position or otherwise related experience
- Ability to travel domestically as needed, approximately 10% of time.