Sales - Robotics
We are seeking a motivated, high-energy, technical Automation Sales Engineer to join our Automation Division reporting to our Melrose Park, IL corporate office. This role is responsible for the sale of our AS/RS and automated storage equipment line to our customers in the US. This is a complex sale, requiring a technically-minded and detailed-focused sales professional with a passion for helping our customers find the best solution for their logistics and warehousing needs.
- Maintain and increase sales with existing customers and expand market penetration through development of new business.
- Prospect, identify, and contact potential customers to accurately assess their automation needs relative to the characteristics of their business.
- Effectively communicate highly technical information regarding our automation products and services to the appropriate decision makers
- Attend pre-bid meetings, validate specifications, and participate in the development of automation solutions that meet the customer's technical and commercial requirements
- Consult with internal resources, such as Legal, Finance, Sales (racking), Technical office, Purchasing, Production, and Operations, to evaluate client requirements and develop a comprehensive project proposal to ensure customer satisfaction and completion of customer projects while ensuring time, milestone, revenue expectations are met.
- Assist in the development of technical material, cost estimates, project and system handling concepts based on client needs, customer bid specifications, and Interlake Mecalux proposal documentation.
- Deliver and present proposals and technical solutions to customers, participating in project review meetings with customers.
- Manage customer contract negotiations, NDA's, and commercial items during bid process, including terms, delivery, payment schedule, insurance requirements, etc.
- Understand the competition’s technology and pricing strategy. Provide feedback to Management and Parent Company to facilitate R&D efforts and new product development in support of the US market needs.
- Maintain CRM database
- Travel in furtherance of responsibilities.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of Logistics and warehousing concepts
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenged with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.