We are hiring a Safety Engineer to work out of our Pontiac, IL facility.
The Safety Engineer is responsible for all aspects of plant safety. The Safety Engineer will ensure that the plant meets and exceeds all requirements pertaining to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation and training and other required regularly scheduled safety training (LOTO, machine guarding, confined space, etc.)
- Provide leadership to plant personnel to incorporate continuous improvement principles and techniques ensuring associates are operating in a safe, orderly, and clean environment. Lead Safety Committee.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation and compliance. Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
- Conduct accident investigations and safety audits, reporting findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing to management.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Act as point of contact with EPA, OSHA, and similar state/local agencies.
- Maintain OSHA log and be responsible for all OSHA and EPA reporting, working with outside vendors to this end while managing those relationships
- Team with Purchasing Department to ensure proper supply of PPE at all times, while continuously reviewing appropriate PPE for the jobs.
Vacancy located in:
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred. No experience required for recent graduates with an Engineering degree or degree in Industrial Hygiene or similar field of study.
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and OSHA.
- Capable of standing/walking 6+ hours per day as 75% of each day will be out on the plant floor.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.