Melrose Park, IL
We are seeking a Applications Engineer to join our Technical Department, working out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office. This role will be responsible for supporting the sale of our racking products though BOM creation, engineering calculations and drawings, and preparation of quotes.
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for complex system projects (including pick modules, pallet shuttles, etc.)
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders using built in programs and in some cases approval drawings in AutoCAD.
- Interact with internal teams (manufacturing, sales, engineering, installations) and external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customer specifications and a variety of codes as it relates to racking and shelving product solutions.
- Other duties as required
- Technical Aptitude Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Solid understanding of structural engineering principles
- At least 6 months of professional, related experience (e.g. internship) is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred
- Ability and willingness to work in-office 100% at our corporate office in Melrose Park, IL
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.