Drafter - Melrose Park, IL
We are seeking a Drafter to join our Engineering Department working out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office. This role will be responsible for performing technical support for projects within our Engineering Department. The Drafter will help in the design of new projects, in R&D efforts, and in other special projects while also being available to help in design and technical support for customer applications
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customers' specifications and a variety of codes as it relates to racking and shelving product solutions.
- Prepare fabrication and installation drawings.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for complex system projects (pick modules, pallet shuttles, etc.)
- Other duties as required
Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
- Associate's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical degree preferred
- At least 2 years of previous related experience
- Solid understanding of engineering principles, with knowledge of steel construction being valued
- Experience working with AutoCAD/SolidWorks and in 3D design