We are seeking a Drafter to join our Engineering Department working out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office. This role will be responsible for performing technical support for projects within our Technical Department. This role may also design new products or modify existing products for customer applications.
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customers' specifications and a variety of codes as it relates to racking and shelving product solutions.
- Prepare fabrication and installation drawings.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for rack projects
- Other duties as required
Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
- Associate's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical degree preferred
- At least 5 years of previous related experience
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- Experience working with AutoCAD is required
- Professional communication skills; proven ability to remain composed when faced with difficult issues and tight deadlines