Supply Chain Analyst - Melrose Park, IL
Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
Interlake Mecalux has achieved substantial growth in recent years, more than tripling our sales from 2008 to present. We are hiring a Supply Chain Analyst to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
- Establish and maintain the smployer's corporate-level logistics planning function for the intercompany transfers of raw material, work-in-process, and finished goods
- Responsible for intercompany transfers of materials among 5 facilities located in the U.S.
- Manage the logistics of the transfers, streamlining interdepartmental communications related to the shipments, creating procedures and ERP functionality related to these shipments
- Create and implement training for hourly warehouse employees
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Direct the continuous improvement process of logistics and warehouse management in order to improve on-time shipping and inventory accuracy
- Other duties required or assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or similar field of study). Master's degree preferred.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position or otherwise related experience