Sr Manufacturing Engineer - Pontiac, IL
We are hiring a Sr Manufacturing Engineer to work out of our Pontiac, IL facility.
The Sr Manufacturing Engineer, reporting to the Plant Manager, is responsible for controlling production and all industrial processes and projects in the plant.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, order, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedure, and activities.
- Review all plant activities. Ensure that the designated daily shipping and production goals are met and direct the continuous improvement process of improving on-time deliveries.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as industrial or logistical bottlenecks, integrated production methods, inventory control, and cost analysis.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, industrial equipment (CAPEX), procedures, or organizational changes.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Civil, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or similar field of study) or relevant technical education
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- Understanding of safe work practices, OSHA, EPA.
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment and ability to work in hot and cold plant conditions