Quality/Safety/Industrial Engineer - Pontiac, IL
The Quality/Safety/Industrial Plant Engineer is responsible for assigning work and training production personnel, assisting with process improvements, and ensuring quality, safety, and productivity goals are met.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Review all plant activities, assisted through use of ERP system. Ensure that the designated shipping daily goal is met for all plants and distribution centers and direct the continuous improvement process of improving on-time shipping
- Communicate with management to develop production and design standards.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with management and other personnel
- Contribute to the management of safety programs and initiatives, making efforts to continuously reduce accidents, injuries, and near misses.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Civil, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or similar field of study) or relevant technical education
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- Understanding of safe work practices, OSHA, EPA.
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment and ability to work in hot and cold plant conditions