Structural Engineer - Melrose Park, IL
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Engineering Department working out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office. This role will be responsible for performing finite element analysis calculations to support order handling and projects within our Engineering Department. This role will also help in the design of new improvement projects, R&D, and special projects.
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customers' specifications and a variety of codes as it relates to racking and shelving product solutions.
- Prepare fabrication and installation drawings.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Interact extensively with internal functions (manufacturing, sales, engineering, installations) and external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for complex system projects (pick modules, pallet shuttles, etc.)
- Interact with our internal automation applications engineering personnel related to racking design and engineering incorporated into Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (AS/RS) projects.
- Other duties as required
Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Civil Engineering and Industrial Engineering preferred. Master's Degree in Structural Engineering is valued
- Strong knowledge of FEA (finite element analysis) calculations and the use of FEA software
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Knowledge of standard test methods (Seismic, ASTM, ANSI, MHI/RMI)
- Solid understanding of structural engineering principles
- At least 6 months of professional, related experience (e.g. internship) is preferred