Entry Level Technical Sales Engineer
The Entry Level Technical Sales Engineer will start out by working out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters within the Technical Department. This position will be responsible for learning all of our products by providing quotes to customers, collaborating with the Customer Service Department, familiarizing with our engineering and shipping processes, and eventually becoming involved in the sales process. This role is to become familiar enough with Interlake Mecalux products, processes, and customers to be able to make the contacts in their prospective end goal market.
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customers' specifications and a variety of codes.
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for storage rack projects.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- Assist with maintaining existing customer accounts as required.
- Spend 2 to 12 months in Melrose Park, IL headquarters for extensive technical, product, processes, and sales training.
Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
- Associate's degree in a technical field (e.g. drafting, engineering technology, etc.) or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business with a highly technical aptitude
- Desire to move into Sales in 2 to 12 months is required.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- Experience working with AutoCAD is preferred
- A customer-focused and results-orientated attitude with the drive to support sales growth
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, ever-changing environment, doing "whatever it takes!" in the Interlake Mecalux spirit
- Availability and desire to be relocated (e.g. Atlanta, Birmingham, Kansas City, Los Angeles, or Phoenix) after 2 to 6 months working in Melrose Park is required.