Entry Level Technical Sales Engineer - Melrose Park, IL
We are hiring an Entry Level Technical Sales Engineer to work out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office.
This person will build upon existing Engineering concepts while developing a Sales and Business mindset in order to move into a role where the selling of Interlake Mecalux products is at the forefront of the candidate's responsibilities.
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customers' specifications and a variety of codes.
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for storage rack projects.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- Assist with maintaining existing customer accounts as required.
Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
- Associate's degree in a technical field (e.g. drafting, engineering technology, etc.) or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business with a highly technical aptitude
- Desire to move into Sales in 6 to 12 months is required.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- Experience working with AutoCAD is preferred
- A customer-focused and results-orientated attitude with the drive to support sales growth
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, ever-changing environment, doing "whatever it takes!" in the Interlake Mecalux spirit
- Availability and desire to be relocated (e.g. Sacramento, Seattle, Birmingham, or Memphis) is valued.