Melrose Park, IL
We are seeking a Drafter to join our Engineering Department working out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office. This role will be responsible for performing technical support for projects within our Engineering Department. The Drafter will help in the design of new projects, in R&D efforts, and in other special projects while also being available to help in design and technical support for customer applications.
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customer specifications and a variety of codes as it relates to racking and shelving product solutions.
- Prepare fabrication and installation drawings.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for complex system projects (pick modules, pallet shuttles, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Technical Aptitude Degree or Certificate
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Knowledge of standard test methods (Seismic, ASTM, ANSI, MHI/RMI)
- Solid understanding of structural engineering principles
- At least 6 months of professional, related experience (e.g. internship) is preferred
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.