Drafter - Melrose Park, IL
We are hiring a Drafter to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
The Drafter position is designed to preform technical support within our Engineering Department. This role may also design new products or modify existing products for customer applications.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Prepare and Supervise the preparation of fabrication and installation drawings, using AutoCAD
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for storage rack projects.
- Design modifications to rack products to resolve production difficulties.
- Other duties as needed.
- Associate degree in Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- AutoCAD training preferred
- Structural or mechanical drafting
- Engineering principles and terminology
- "Whatever it takes!" attitude and the desire to grow professionally within Interlake Mecalux.