Automation Applications Engineer - Robotics
Melrose Park, IL
The is responsible for analyzing customer requirements and developing large scale, complex automated systems to meet the customer's logistics, storage, and material handling needs. This Applications Engineer is an integral member of the Robotics Sales team, supporting the Robotics Sales Engineers in providing solutions for our customers.
- Develop Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS) solutions, including such equipment as stacker cranes, pallet shuttles, static and mobile racking, conveyors, and other material handling equipment necessary to meet customer requirements while providing a cost-competitive solution. Conduct site visits as needed.
- Create proposal documents (quotes, BOM's, layouts, schedules, write-ups) that fully describe and define the solution.
- Compile, review, and process incoming information (e.g. leads) and specifications for new AS/RS projects.
- Assist the Robotics Sales Engineers and our customers by answering technical questions related to our products.
- Review and integrate internal documents provided by other departments that support the AS/RS solution being developed.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, systems integrators, and suppliers.
- Partner with Mecalux, S.A. (parent company in Barcelona) Automation Department. Review US-based customer projects with them in order to facilitate feedback on best practices and to communicate US customers' needs for further R&D and product development efforts. Seek approvals as needed.
- Coordinate project handover with our Operations Department, assisting with after-sales activities.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- At least 5 years of previous related experience and some knowledge in designing automated systems.
- An understanding of logistics and warehousing processes is desired.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Project, and AutoCAD.
- Writing and presentation skills are essential to convey concepts, and design.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.
- Spanish fluency is valued. Desire and ability to work in-office 100%. Work from home and hybrid not available.
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.