1st Shift Mechanic
Melrose Park, IL
Interlake Mecalux is looking to hire a 1st shift to work at our plant in Melrose Park, IL.
1st shift: 5am – 1pm Monday – Friday, with OT as needed.
The Mechanic position is responsible for maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting all production equipment to maintain optimum operating conditions and plant productivity.
- Reads Hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Performs routine inspections and preventative maintenance of assigned equipment like lubricate, grease, filter changing, clean, replace parts and adjust any equipment if needed.
- Troubleshooting and repair of pumps, valves and piping systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic pumps and hydraulic systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic cylinders and systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of components such as rolls, shafts, bearings, drive belts, drive chains and gear boxes
- Analysis to discover explanations for equipment failure.
- Disassemble mechanical equipment, identify faulty/worn parts, replace, reassemble, and test.
- Removed and installed motors, pumps and gearboxes
- Operate high-lift equipment like forklifts, scissor, and boom lift
- Communicates essential information regarding incomplete repairs at shift change and any potential problems
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical failures on large/heavy industrial machinery like roll formers, punch press, ovens, cut of press and chillers
- Experience working with hydraulics and pneumatics
- Solid understanding of safe work practice and OSHA requirements
- Must be comfortable working at heights and in both hot and cold plant conditions (the plant is not climate-controlled)
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Basic electrical experience a plus