Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
The Technical Buyer is responsible for acquiring materials, supplies, and services to support manufacturing and operations, with a continuous focus on improving quality and reducing costs.
- Analyze data forecasts and conduct pertinent analyses on the industrial market in order to stay relevant, competitive as a stand out within the industry.
- Research available public information and data including but not limited to government and non-government agency data bases, online public libraries, case studies, commercial sources, and scholarly news through educational institutions to understand the competition in regards to purchasing market trends.
- Stay updated on all internal data to gain insight on how Interlake Mecalux has historically maintained contracts and/or agreements.
- Investigate supplier consolidation for potential cost savings.
- Analyze supply chain costs as well as suppliers/vendor expenses and value by evaluating total unit cost which is determined by the price amended by internal and external factors, such as in-transit damage, incorrect invoices, recurrent expediting of shipments, disadvantage status, high switching costs, transportation, natural disasters, supplier failure, or changes in law. Costs for each factor must be quantified in hard costs (i.e. producing an invoice) and soft costs (i.e. no direct cash outlay, such as time wasted on correcting errors and expediting shipments). Factors are sorted into three categories: cost factors, performance factors, and policy factors. These are all used in determining the unit price to get the unit total cost.
- Assess the impact of increased purchase power, lowered freight, improved quality, and stronger contractual agreements.
- Share consolidated supplier proposals to management to present leverage for negotiations at lower costs.
- Lead contract and purchasing negotiations for industrial machinery and services by:
- Negotiating with vendors/suppliers by phone, email, and face-to-face meetings as it pertains to new service purchasing agreements.
- Maintaining communication with existing partners/suppliers in order to engage in renegotiation of contract terms and conditions as well as payment and leasing options.
- Source and evaluate vendors and suppliers, benchmark costs savings best practices, develop contractual goals, lead negotiations, place and expedite purchase orders.
- Find and compare at minimum, three competitive comparable purchase/service proposals for each request in order to leverage negotiations on company’s position to secure the best value and deal.
- Place purchase orders based on benchmark analysis on dimensions, quality, time, and cost. Then track vendors/suppliers’ services and deliveries to ensure that agreed upon terms are met and finalized.
- Understand and consider production schedules, resource requirements, and workflow to secure on-time material and maintenance, repair, operations ("MRO") supplies to the production facilities.
- Monitor material and parts use and perform analysis based on historical data and current levels of consumption to forecast appropriate stock levels. This is determined by reviewing the number of units ordered in a P.O., the date ordered, and the number of units ordered in the next or previous P.O. and its date. The difference in units ordered and the days between orders over time reflects level of consumption.
- Communicate with production and distribution centers to gather information about its production schedules, resources and urgent requirements, and workflows.
- Cross-match the information with vendors and suppliers to guarantee the on-time material and MRO, acting as a liaison between our plants and warehouses and the vendors and suppliers.
- Conduct supplier risk analysis and develop strategic methods to maximize efficiency and minimize costs with the industrial manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate vendor and supplier processes, policies, and financial wealth to determine how much risk the company would endure while working with each vendor/supplier. This is done by reading supplier/vendor terms and conditions, reviewing their policies, sometimes examining their financials.
- Research vendors/suppliers’ previous projects and past and current clients through publicly posted reviews and through conducting reference checks.
- Based on the supplier risk analysis, propose measures to mitigate and/or reduce risk and alternative suppliers if need it.
- Confer with industrial suppliers, industrial management teams, and vendors regarding purchases, production specifications, and manufacturing capabilities:
- Cultivate relationships with cross-functional internal teams, build and leverage strategic partnerships with vendors to foster relationships that lead to mutual business benefits.
- Determine the impact of new assets and goods on company’s performance and operations:
- Evaluate the extent in which new purchases that constitute fixed or intangible assets impact the area of business or the business during the lift-span of the asset, using methods like time value, cost of acquisition, leverage of factors, cost of run time and operations in conjunction with the outcome of forecast and benefits. Time value the cost of acquisition, cost of running and operating, and expected outcome.
- Prepare meetings and present results of risk analysis, cost-benefit analysis, and any additional conclusions to upper management to assist in informed decision-making.
- Auditing operations and purchasing processes to create more effective practices, increase efficiency, and improve productivity, quality, and safety while reducing costs:
- Perform empirical analysis based on evaluation of information on how resources are utilized and where improvements can be targeted.
- Utilize both quantitative and qualitative methodologies to achieve unbiased results by gathering data and performing numerical analysis gather non-numerical data with the goal to gain more comprehensive information.
- Work individually and/or collaboratively with vendors/suppliers and stakeholders to audit best practices and resources usages that verify costs are reduced or within acceptable parameters, requirements and business standards are meet, user complains are minimize or inexistence, and materials and resources are optimally utilized exploited.
- Facilitate and coordinate activities required to ensure projects are completed on time and in a manner consistent with organization goals and the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Act as liaison and serve as a point of contact between suppliers/vendors and the stakeholders of the project. Managing different sources of information, project requirements, maintain documentation, communicate project progress, facilitate project-related meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or related field of study.
- At least two years of related experience
- Familiarity with material flow in a manufacturing environment
- Professional communication skills
- Familiarity with SAP and/or another major MRP/ERP preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
ContactJob application center
The Website is operated by Interlake Mecalux, Inc. ("we", "our", or "us"). We have contracted with third parties to operate certain aspects of the Website on our behalf.
Purposes and Legal Grounds for Collecting and Processing Your Personal Information
The personal data supplied to us are processed in order to address your requests for information and visits; manage business relations; contact you through email; send business communications by post or email to apprise you of our products and services, sales and promotions, provided that you have consented to them; carry out surveys about our products and services in order to know about your experience with MECALUX and offer you better customer care and attention; provide online support to address your requests for technical assistance or information.
If you are a job candidate, your data can be processed in order to carry out personnel recruitment procedures; apprise you of the job vacancies that arise in our organization; request job references from people or companies to which you have rendered your services; and when applicable, to hire you as an employee. Finally, we are entitled to handle your personal data to process your orders, to provide the agreed-upon services and to send the requested information for carrying out the respective purchase contract or provide services in response to the interested party's request for pre-contractual measures. Based on our business relationship we are entitled to send business communications about our products, services, sales and promotions if you have given your consent. By the same token, we have a legitimate interest in carrying out surveys which are intended to improve customer service. We are also entitled to handle your data for recruitment processes in accordance with your expressed consent. In any event, you have the right to revoke the given consent, in a non-retroactive manner, at any time.
What Information Is Collected
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Interlake Mecalux may collect personal information like name, telephone number, email address, date of birth, home or business mailing address when you access certain areas of the Website that require registration or payment for products and services. Details regarding your mode of payment, e.g., credit/debit card or account information are collected by our third-party payment processor www.payerexpress.com.
At other times, Interlake Mecalux may collect information that cannot be used to directly identify you, such as browser type, Dynamic Internet Protocol (IP) address, “click stream” data, information contained with cookies, and similar non-personally identifiable information. For example, we may aggregate non-personal information about you and other customers who visit certain areas of our Website. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you (e.g., missing street number) from sources other than this Website, for example, other internal business records, and add it to the personal information collected via the Website.
How Do We Collect Information
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website, including, without limitation, those described below:
You may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Website or digital messaging services, such as newsletters or product information. Your decision to register is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to us and what communications you would like to receive; however, please be advised that many products and services available on the Website require registration and if you elect not to provide such information, you will not be able to take advantage of those products and services.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Interlake Mecalux may also collect additional information from your web browser each time you visit our Website. We may collect information on the pages that you visit, the promotions or advertisements that you click on, and other actions that you take while using our Website. This information may include your IP address, the type of browser, the time that your browser was used to access our Website, and the referring website address.
Our Internet Service Providers (defined below) may also use other standard web-based technologies to analyze your movements while accessing our Website. The technologies include analytic solutions, web “beacons,” “pixel tags,” and “clear gifs.” These technologies help us ascertain the effectiveness of our product and service campaigns and marketing programs, allow us to customize the services offered on or through our Website, and help determine the best use for Website content and product and service offerings. Some of this information, including the IP address, may be stored on our Internet service provider’s server logs and may be available for extended periods of time.
How Is your Information Used
Our Website uses the services of independent companies to provide certain services to you, including, without limitation, website hosting services, credit and debit card processing, order fulfilment, and Internet connectivity services (“Internet Service Providers”).
We may use your personal information to contact you via mail, email, text message, or telephone in order to give you updates about our special events, new services, winner confirmations, or other promotions that may be of interest to you. We also use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive from you. We may also use your IP address to help protect us and our Internet Service Providers from fraud.
Additional uses of your non-personal and personal information will allow us to tailor products and services specific to your needs, to help organize and manage your customer relationship and our business, to conduct business, to provide you with customer and member support, to perform functions that are described to you at the time of collection, and to enforce our Website’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
We may also use non-personal aggregate information to improve our Website. For example, our Internet Service Providers may report to us that there were a particular number of visitors to a certain area of our Website. Such information may also be used to analyze the effectiveness of our business and advertising models.
We may share your personal information with the Internet Service Providers as appropriate. We may also share personally identifiable information with outside, non-affiliated third parties that offer products and services that are complementary to our product lines. We may also disclose your personal information as is necessary to: (a) comply with a subpoena or court order; (b) cooperate with law enforcement or other government agency; (c) establish or exercise our legal rights; (d) protect the property or safety of our company and employees, contractors, vendors, and suppliers; (e) defend against legal claims; (f) help with internal and external investigations; or (g) as otherwise required by law or permitted by law. We may disclose your information in connection with the sale or merger of Interlake Mecalux or any transaction that involves the sale or assignment of some or all of our assets.
Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the Website or may use a traffic measurement service to analyze the traffic on the Website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this Website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. Audience and Traffic Measurement Services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavior information from the Website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Although advertisers or other companies do not have access to the Website cookies, the Website's advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies allow third-party advertisers to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. Note that any images (or any other parts of a web page) served by third parties in association with third-party cookies may serve as web beacons, which enable third parties to carry out the previously described activities. Other companies' uses of their cookies are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp in order to learn more about the information collection practices and "opt-out" procedures of third-party ad servers we may use.
Links To Third-party Websites
Interlake Mecalux makes reasonable efforts to ensure that our Internet Service Providers have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to assist with safeguarding your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Only our authorized personnel and our Internet Service Providers who perform legitimate business functions for Interlake Mecalux are authorized to access your personal information.
Notwithstanding our efforts, the Internet and online services have inherent security risks. Interlake Mecalux cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, personal searches, and other communications will always remain secure. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose your personal information or any username or password that you are required to use to access services on this Website or online service.
Data Retention Periods
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Other Social Media Websites, Blogs, Message Boards
The Website and the Interlake Mecalux Mobile application ("Interlake Mecalux Mobile") may make chat rooms, forums, commenting and message boards available to you and other users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. In addition, when you post a comment to Interlake Mecalux Mobile, the user name with which you registered for the Website and your current location will be made publicly available on the Website and through Interlake Mecalux Mobile. By using the commenting features of the Website and Interlake Mecalux Mobile, you acknowledge that your user name and location information will be disclosed. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
General Audience Website Not Directed Toward Children
This Website is a general audience Website. Our content is neither directed toward minors nor children who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If Interlake Mecalux or our Internet Service Providers become aware that a minor or a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without the parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. Parents who have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child under the age of 13 should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Personal Information and Consent to Transfer
The first time that you provide us with registration information through our Website, you may be offered the opportunity to subscribe to and receive additional information about our products and services. After your first use, you can make changes to your personal information and your initial choices by accessing your account or by contacting customer service e-mail at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
Interlake Mecalux will not share any personal information about you with outside third-parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent prohibited by California law, unless you agree otherwise as authorized by your prior written consent.
California residents have the right to request information from Interlake Mecalux regarding the manner that we may share personal information with affiliated companies and third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To find out what and how we share such information, you may send us an e-mail request at firstname.lastname@example.org and receive the following information:
- A. The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, if any;
- B. The names and addresses of the third parties who received information for their direct marketing purposes; and
- C. Examples of the products and services subject to the third-parties’ direct marketing programs, if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot be determined from their names.