Melrose Park, IL
The Controls Engineer serves as technical designer of software specialized in Mecalux Systems of Warehouses. This role is responsible for creating the programs in our proprietary Galileo and performing all the tests of controllers, inverters, and security systems to put the installation in service.
- Engage in proprietary software development by utilizing Designer AWS and Galileo to create warehouse solutions for customers and modifying these programs based off of the client need
- Create control programs using internal tools such as Designer AWS and Galileo by configuring the Profibus or Profinet network using Sycon.net software and using Sycon.net in addition to Galileo to perform all of the tests for the controllers
- Conduct installation startup by checking the Profibus/Profinet network by running diagnostic tests using programs such as Sycon.net, TIA Portal, Galileo, and Proneta. Validate wire connections, device addresses, input/output quantities, and signal quality
- Load control programs to the VFD control drive, operator panels, barcode scanners, and PCs
- Check that safety devices are properly installed and working using easySoft-Safety software and conducting physical inspections.
- Delegate daily tasks to electromechanics assisting at the installation, ensuring they are completed properly and on time, reporting deviations to the Project Manager and Site Manager.
- Assist Project Managers in determining the human resources demand for a project including duties and work schedules for electromechanics and electricians.
- Commission the on-site control program by uploading proprietary software to the solution. Debug and troubleshoot on-site
- Collaborate with Project Manager and clients to ensure project is satisfying their needs
- Conduct training courses for customers. Train the customer's maintenance and/or other personnel on how to properly operate Galileo software and HMI interfaces. Schedule trainings on site or virtually, accommodating customer's availability.
- Provide work progress reports to the department manager and Project Manager. Include updates on daily completed technical tasks and what is to be accomplished the following day in order to keep an accurate record of the project timeline and to prevent any delays in commissioning.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (electrical, industrial, or mechanical).
- Professional exposure to the field of Industrial Automation.
- Knowledge of PLC, HMI and SCADA programming preferred.
- C programming language knowledge preferred
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of Frequency Inverters parameterization and operation (preferable SEW and Lenze) preferred.
- Knowledge of the Fieldbus networks (Profibus, Profinet, etc.) preferred.
- Spanish fluency is ideal
- Personality: Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization. Ability to work under time pressure
- Able and willing to travel at least 50%
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.