This role is responsible for directing the development of direct, distributor, and retail national sales objectives and strategies within the Northwest US region. This position involves visits to key customers to evaluate opportunities and provide management and leadership to the entire sales team.
· Achieve area sales targets as measured through direct, distributor, and retail sales contributions
· Strengthen existing customer relationships with Account Executives, Inside Sales Representative(s), and Customer Service Representative(s) through accompanying Account Executives on customer calls and providing guidance as needed.
· Expand existing client base, developing new opportunities with new and existing customers.
· Negotiate pricing
· Close sales and oversee the execution of sales contracts
· Manage and develop a strong sales team, promoting continuous training opportunities to develop sales talent
· Train new Account Executives with a wide range of experience and from diverse industries.
· Develop a robust relationship between Sales and other departments of the company
· Innovate and improve existing processes, procedures, and systems in alignment with the company’s values and goals
· Provide reports on a timely basis to General Manager of Sales, to include forecasts, schedules, status
reports, and other informational reports as requested.
· Absorb additional responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, with additional advanced degrees seen as a plus.
· Previous industrial sales experience
· Strong character with proven ability to lead by example
· Knowledge of throughput accounting, financial analysis, planning/forecasting, standard costing, and job/project accounting
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes
· Advanced skills in MS Excel with familiarity working with an ERP system. Familiarity with AS/400
preferred but not required.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
· Ability to travel 50-75% in assigned area and/or to US corporate office