Human Resource Manager- Pontiac, IL
Summary: Develops and directs implementation of plans and/or programs to ensure the most effective utilization of human resources to support plant objectives. This must be accomplished within the framework of the company’s overall corporate policies, plans, and programs. This is the top Human Resources position for the Pontiac plant.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies, and helping resolve work-related issues
- Advises managers and personnel on organizational policy matters, laws, and procedures
- Recommends and implements HR policies and procedures
- Performs difficult staffing duties, including terminating personnel and administering disciplinary procedures
- Identifies vacancies and recruits, interviews, and selects applicants. Writes and updates job descriptions and job postings as necessary
- Communicates daily with staffing agencies regarding manning needs, candidates scheduled for interviews, offers, orientations, and personnel issues
- Manages/conducts employee training and orientation programs. Conducts new-hire orientations for temporary and permanent personnel
- Conducts exit interviews for terminating personnel, communicating results to Corporate HR.
- Manages the reconciliation of time cards for Pontiac personnel on a weekly basis. Sends PTO forms, changes in address forms, direct deposit changes, and other payroll-related items to Corporate HR weekly and as received
- Conducts monthly informational meetings with personnel becoming eligible for benefits, assisting them in the selection of benefits and completion of enrollment forms. Sends completed enrollment forms to Corporate HR timely.
- Assists corporate HR with annual Open Enrollment informational meetings and semi-annual informational meetings related to other topics such as 401(k) plan, changes in the organization, etc.
- Represents the company at personnel-related hearings and investigations (both internal and external)
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in staff meetings
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a quality college or university (e.g. Bradley University, University of Illinois, SIU, or similar quality)
- At least 7 years of previous experience in generalized Human Resources, with a preference for HR experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Solid understanding of applicable laws and regulations, including EEO, FMLA, OSHA, FLSA, and NLRA
- Strong character with the proven ability to lead by example
- A strong sense of urgency and a bias for action
- Exceptional communication skills
- Previous experience using timekeeping software such as Paycor, Paycom, ADP, Kronos, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including coming in early and staying late, based on business needs
- Ability to spend at least 20% of time on the production floor – standing, walking, crouching, bending in hot and cold conditions
|How to apply||Job application center|