Safety & Environmental Specialist
Melrose Park, IL
The Safety & Environmental Specialist is responsible for assisting the EHS Manager in the Safety & Environmental department at our plant in Melrose Park, IL.
Collect and file EHS Documents
Complete safety inspections such as Fire Extinguishers, Emergency Lighting, Emergency Exits, Crane Inspection Audits
Print and bind training material or safety-related signs
Complete spot checks in production to verify compliance including proper PPE usage, seatbelt usage on forklifts, etc.
Immediately report to EHS Manager any serious hazards or compliance issues
Meet and assist visitors, verifying that visitors use proper PPE
Verify inventory of essential safety supplies including PPE, first aid, sign-making supplies, etc.
Create maintenance requests
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
Solid understanding of safe work practices, OSHA, and EPA (OSHA 10-hour certificate a plus) and knowledge and understanding of preventing disease transmission
Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
Capable of standing/walking 6+ hours per day in hot and cold conditions as 75% of each day will be out on the plant floor, which is not climate-controlled
Desire and ability to work in-office 100%. Work from home and hybrid not available
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start participating
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement; specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different departments.