Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
As a result of our substantial growth, Interlake Mecalux is hiring a Shipping and Warehouse Supervisor to work out of our Sumter, SC facility.
- Ensures timely delivery of quality products to customers throughout the USA, using LTL, FTL, and flat-bed carriers on approved vendor list.
- Leads and improves team performance by developing optimum work schedules/workflow, training employees, counseling and disciplining employees, resolving conflicts, planning, monitoring and appraising staff performance while fostering teamwork, commitment, respect and trust, pride and ownership.
- Monitors overall departmental performance by collecting and reporting inventory accuracy data, negative inventory balances, manpower effectiveness, tons shipped, on-time shipping information, etc.
- Compiles and distributes shipping reports detailing order status, distribution plans and service/shipping cost aspects. Maintains close and effective communication with Sales and Scheduling regarding shipping dates and status of orders.
- Analyzes and standardizes procedures to improve Shipping and Receiving efficiency.
- Contributes to the inventory improvement process by reviewing cycle count data, inventory reports, investigates and resolves discrepancies, identifying root causes, suggesting/implementing corrective measures and departmental improvement opportunities.
- Ensures that raw material, work-in-process and finished goods inventory is transacted in an accurate and timely manner and stocked in designated locations
- Completes periodic inventory cycle counts including the annual physical inventory, reporting actual vs. perpetual inventory balances and investigates root causes and implements systematic solutions.
- Ensures a safe work environment by identifying and recommending preventive incident measures/initiatives and by maintaining diligent housekeeping standards and compliance with all OSHA and DOT requirements.