Sales Manager, Robotics Department - Melrose Park, IL
We are hiring a Sales Manager, Robotics Department to work out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office.
Summary: This position is responsible for the management of the sale of automated/robotics products in the USA
- Develop and supervise a group of sales engineers, making hiring and other personnel decisions as appropriate to meet department goals and objectives.
- Supervise project conceptualization, design, and estimating/quoting
- Review inquires/lead for technical feasibility and resources available
- Take a proactive role with customers in support of building strong strategic partnerships. Strengthen existing customer relationships by making customer calls in order to develop and close business
- Team with appropriate resources, including engineering, sales support, and operations personnel, to manage all inquiries as required to meet technical requirements and schedule.
- Coordinate with production and operations departments to ensure quality and on time deliveries of product.
- Facilitate the training of USA personnel on controls and robotics engineering and systems integration/large automated warehouses.
- Assist sales department in presentation when required
- Consult with corporate legal and/or contracts administration for determination of how to handle special terms and conditions relative to the sales proposal
- Maintain frequent contact with Mecalux, S.A. Robotics Department to ensure USA sales and operations are aligned with the philosophy of parent company
- Maintain frequent contact with the corporate office in Barcelona, Spain, to provide management with summaries of all Robotics sales in the US and provide metrics for performance and updates on all ongoing projects
- Travel in furtherance of duties
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Previous commercial experience of a technical and highly-engineered industrial product, with exposure to industrial automation ideal.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel with or without notice during the week and weekends.
- Ability to work long hours as needed, including nights and weekends, in furtherance of job responsibilities.