Sales Engineer - Melrose Park, IL
Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
Interlake Mecalux has achieved substantial growth in recent years, more than tripling our sales from 2008 to present. We are hiring a Sales Engineer to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
- Meets assigned annual goal established for booking of new sales orders.
- Develops customer relationships and established new customer accounts.
- Assists with maintaining existing customer accounts as required.
- Prepares project proposals and project cost estimates based on customer bid specifications and Interlake Mecalux proposal documentation. Manages customer contract issues during the bid process including terms, delivery, and payment schedules.
- Develops project concepts and project proposals to solve customer needs and requests.
- Coordinate efforts with management and engineering to meet proposal deadlines, project commitments, and margin & revenue expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- A customer-focused and results-oriented attitude with the drive to support sales growth
- Professional communication skills, with fluency in Spanish preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, ever-changing environment, doing "whatever it takes!" in the Interlake Mecalux spirit