Receptionist - Melrose Park, IL
The Receptionist role is responsible for maintaining a customer focused attitude while driven to deliver a consistent high level of customer satisfaction to our internal and external customers. This position is required to be maintained with a high degree consistency and confidentiality at all times.
- Answer the telephone and switchboard in a courteous and timely manner.
- Attentively listen to caller’s questions and requests and use sound judgment and knowledge of company operations and procedures to appropriately respond.
- Record messages accurately and legibly according to established practices.
- Forward messages to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Greet and direct guests visiting the company; determine visitor needs in a professional manner and direct to correct person or department.
- Maintain front desk and appropriate materials to facilitate job responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner; keep reception area clean and neat, maintain and organize reading materials
- Administrative Support: Prepare correspondence and documents as directed, update databases, organize mailings, prepare and maintain miscellaneous spreadsheets
- Resolve customer issues in a professional manner, always delivering a consistently high level of customer service.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanour at all times.
- Determine the nature of the business and assist guests accordingly by providing appropriate information or directing guests to other personnel.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail. Prepare outgoing mail for pick-up or courier. Organize courier deliveries if required.
- Schedule conference calls and make conference room reservations.
- Coordinate and execute the travel plans and arrangements for all travelers smoothly; make all hotel, flight, and rental car reservations for internal personnel and visiting guests when required.
- Order office supplies and business cards and control the distribution appropriately
- Other duties as needed.
Vacancy located in:
- Developed customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, ever-changing environment, doing “whatever it takes” in the Interlake Mecalux spirit
- Professional verbal and written communication skills