Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
We are hiring a Quality Control Engineer to work out of our Melrose Park, IL facility.
The Quality Control Engineer role is responsible for achieving quality assurance operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standard.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identify critical control points and preventive measures; establish critical limits, monitor procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measure production; document evidence; determine operational and performance qualification; write and update quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigate customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prior Quality-related experience in manufacturing environment, with preference to exposure to steel or metal fabrication
- Previous experience to ISO certification and previous exposure managing subsequent ISO audits
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and delivery of products to customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel within the company and with external customers.
- Previous experience working within a major ERP system, such as SAP, JDE, AS/400, etc. AS/400 ideal.
- Able to work in factory environment at least 50-80% of the time.