Quality Manager - Melrose Park, IL
We are hiring a Quality Manager to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identify critical control points and preventive measures; establish critical limits, monitor procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measure production; document evidence; determine operational and performance qualification; write and update quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigate customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and revalidations.
- Communicate frequently with Sales, Production, Logistics, and Purchasing management to facilitate continuous improvements and ensure management is aware of quality issues and the resolution of issues.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Implement Quality program and certify ISO-9001; maintain ISO certification
- Supervise, train, and hire Quality Inspectors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or similar field of study).
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position or otherwise related experience
- Ability to travel domestically as needed, approximately 10% of the time.