The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for acquiring materials, supplies, and service to support manufacturing and operations, with continuous focus on improving quality and reducing costs.
- Place purchase orders for goods that have standard costs and quoted discounts already in place.
- Execute purchasing requirements as established by global purchasing department of parent company.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Review opportunities for new supply sources and suitability of materials offered.
- Perform comparative analysis (minimum of 3 quotes) to ensure best price while maintaining quality standards.
- Follow up on orders.
- Ensure contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives.
- Coordinate purchasing quality and on-time deliveries.
- Enter Purchase Orders (PO's) and enter purchased receipts into SAP.
- Create various monthly, yearly, and weekly reports to show information such as required amounts of materials needed, manufacturing costs, etc.
- Other duties as needed.
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in an open, team environment.
- Familiarity with SAP is valued
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- A "Whatever it takes!" attitude that is desired at Interlake Mecalux
|How to apply
||Job application center