Purchasing Admin - Melrose Park, IL
We are hiring a Purchasing Admin to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
The role is responsible for administrative functions within the purchasing departments in the plant.
- Enter Purchase Orders (PO's) and enter purchased receipts into system
- Place PO's for goods that have standard costs and quoted discounts already in place
- Follow purchasing requirements as established by global purchasing department of parent company
- Coordinate purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels in the plant
- Control tool crib organization and inventory level to support the plant
- Update inventory in the system
- Communicate supply orders and issues with vendors to corporate office/Plant Manager
- Create reports (e.g. monthly) related to inventory, usage, costs, etc.
- Follow up on orders
- Maintain purchasing quality and on-time deliveries
- Other duties as needed
- HS Diploma or equivalency, some college or college degree preferred
- 6 months - 5 years experience in an administrative role within a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with material flow in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in either an office setting or on the plant floor. The position involves standing, walking, sitting and could include lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally / 25 pounds frequently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional communication skills
- Familarity of AS/400 and/or other MRP/ERP systems preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel