Project Manager - Melrose Park, IL
The Project Manager is responsible for acquiring materials, supplies, and service to support manufacturing and opersation, with continuous focus on improving quality and reducing costs.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer contact(s) on the project site and Interlake Mecalux departments to coordinate the delivery and installation of material handling equipment products.
- Track costs, control the general budget in SAP
- Develops project timelines and budgets with milestone dates for completion of work. Meets with contractors and customers to ensure project is completed according to schedule.
- Determine and obtain necessary permitting required for the installation
- Coordinate the work of electromechanics, control, and software
- Writes project reports, memoranda, and correspondence detailing project status and issues
- Inspects subcontracted installation work of Interlake Mecalux products to ensure compliance with contractual commitments.
- Negotiates with the customer to determine the cost, terms, and conditions of change orders.
- Supervises the installation or Interlake Mecalux products as well as purchased products and materials
- Resolves and determines alternative solutions to construction, manufacturing, installation, or equipment issues and problems at customer sites.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related work experience.
- At least 7 years of project management experience
- Ability to travel 50% - 75% of the time, with or without notice.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.