Paint Supervisor - Pontiac, IL
The Paint Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of plant operations, including production, materials, project engineering, and human resources, within the Paint Department.
- Manage associates to complete customer orders on time
- Train personnel on machine set up and safe operation
- Assure that machine set ups are correct and produciton meets quality and traceability requirements
- Lead the development and implementation of improvements to critical manufacturing and preventative maintenance program processes and procedures to increase productivity, efficiency, safety, and customer satisfaction
- Communicate purchasing needs with respect to equipment, materials, and supplies to the purchasing department
- Research and meet with related suppliers as needed (e.g. to resolve quality issues) and to determine product availability and terms.
- Communicate and follow through maintenance needs in the Paint Department, working closely with the Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager, and mechanics to keep machines running and limiting down time
- Provide leadership to plant associates to incorporate continuous improvement principles and techniques
- Prepare reports related to production, scrap, materials, quality, and inventory from ERP system and daily work sheets
Strong character with proven ability to lead by example
Knowledge of manufacturing and material flow processes, with previous experience in metal/steel paint or coating operations highly preferred
Solid understanding of safe work practice, OSHA regulations, and EPA regulations\
Proficiency in MS Excel with familiarity working with an ERP computer system. Familiarity with SAP preferred
Knowledge of planning and scheduling manufacturig projects
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
Ability to work in hot and cold plant conditions, standing and walking in plant 8+ hours per day.