Mechanic - Melrose Park, IL
We are looking to hire a Mechanic to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
The Mechanic position is responsible for mechanical repairs and maintenance of industrial machines.
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly. Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous related maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment or trade school education in lieu of experience is acceptable
- Knowledge of basic mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance tasks
- Excellent safety record with a bias for safety and quality in work
- Ability to work flexible shifts is preferred