Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
We are hiring a Field Technician to work based out of our Melrose Park, IL US headquarters.
- Perform installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of material handling systems.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop)
- Coordinate installation and support activities with other personnel in the company and with other installers (both within the company and outside contractors/business partners)
- Collaborate on the development of technical and training documentation
- Participate in final walk-through of the conveyor systems and part cage as needed
- Complete necessary paperwork in a timely manner
- Develop technical credibility and rapport with customer.
- Follow company and customer safety policies and practices
- Maintain accurate inventory of company-supplied tools
- Other duties as needed
- Ability to travel up to 75% (domestic)
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- General understanding of mechanical or electrical concepts with a strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, and/or electronic prints and other related technical documentation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and good knowledge of customer service fundamentals.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
|How to apply
||Job application center