Entry Level Engineer - Melrose Park, IL
Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
Interlake Mecalux has achieved substantial growth in recent years, more than tripling our sales from 2008 to present. We are hiring an Entry Level Engineer to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customer specifications and a variety of codes.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Supervise the preparation of fabrication and installation drawings.
- Develop and maintain in-house structural design programs.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- The opportunity to work with a highly qualified/skilled team and on interesting and challenging projects.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of structural analysis and design
- Experience working with AutoCAD, MathCad, finite element analysis programs
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- "Whatever it takes!" attitude and the desire to grow professionally within Interlake Mecalux.