Vacancy located in:
Melrose Park, IL
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Engineering Department, working out of our Melrose Park, IL corporate office. This role will be responsible for performing finite element analysis calculations to support order handling and projects within our Engineering Department.
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customer specifications and a variety of codes as it relates to racking and shelving product solutions.
- Prepare fabrication and installation drawings.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Interact extensively with internal functions (manufacturing, sales, engineering, installations) and external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors
- Prepare quotations, approvals, and installation drawings for storage rack projects
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Civil Engineering and Industrial Engineering preferred
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Knowledge of standard test methods (Seismic, ASTM, ANSI, MHI/RMI)
- Solid understanding of structural engineering principles
- At least 6 months of professional, related experience (e.g. internship) is preferred