Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
We are hiring an Electromechanical Technician to work out of our Sumter, SC factory.
- Analyze equipment failures, determine cause, and make necessary adjustments and repairs
- Repair, maintain, and install minor and major electrical systems and fixtures
- Move, install, and adjust fixtures, motors and other electrical / mechanical equipment
- Measure, cut, bond, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit
- Connect power cables to equipment and install grounding leads
- Test electrical equipment for safety
- Perform preventative maintenance service to machinery and equipment
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Previous related maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and facilities repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of roll formers, progressive stamping dies, electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently as needed
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent safety record with a bias for safety and quality in work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to bring one’s own tools to work
- Ability to work flexible shifts is preferred