EHS Coordinator- Melrose Park, IL
The Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of plant safety. The EHS Coordinator will ensure that the plant meets and exceeds all requirements pertaining to all environmental / OSHA regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation and training and other safety training from time to time and as needed.
- Lead Safety Committee meetings
- Provide leadership to plant associates to incorporate continuous improvement principles and techniques.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation and compliance.
- Conduct accident investigations and safety audits.
- Report and review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Review employee safety programs to determine adequacy.
- Ensure associates operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Team with Human Resources and Plant Management to administer corrective action.
- Evaluate adequacy of actions taken to correct health inspection violations.
- Listen to concerns and suggestions from team members and provide timely feedback.
- Experience in health, safety, and/or environmental position, preferably within a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and OSHA.
- Capable of standing/walking 6+ hours per day as 75% of each day will be out on the plant floor.
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to preserve through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.