Drafter - San Diego, CA
Interlake Mecalux, the US subsidiary of Mecalux, S.A., is among the leading companies in the storage systems market specializing in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of warehouse solutions.
Interlake Mecalux has achieved substantial growth in recent years, more than tripling our sales from 2008 to present.
The Drafter position is designed to preform technical support within our Engineering Department. This role may also design new products or modify existing products for customer applications.
- Coordinate proposal generation including creating bills of material, pricing/selecting material, generating layouts/drawings as well as coordinating with Engineering & Installations when requires.
- Assist in the preparation of fabrication and installation drawings.
- Maintain in-house structural design programs.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- The opportunity to work with a highly qualified/skilled team and on interesting and challenging projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Vacancy located in:
- Bachelor or Associate degree preferred
- Exposure to AutoCAD and advanced MS Office skills required; Exposure to AS400 or other ERP systems is preferred
- Technical aptitude
- Professional communication skills; proven ability to remain composed when faced with difficult issures and tight deadlines
- "Whatever it takes!" attitude and the desire to grow professionally within Interlake Mecalux.