Drafter - San Diego, CA
We are hiring a Drafter to work out of our San Diego, CA location.
The Drafter position is designed to preform technical support within our Engineering Department. This role may also design new products or modify existing products for customer applications.
- Coordinate proposal generation including creating bills of material, pricing/selecting material, generating layouts/drawings as well as coordinating with Engineering & Installations when requires.
- Assist in the preparation of fabrication and installation drawings.
- Maintain in-house structural design programs.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
Vacancy located in:
- Bachelor or Associate degree preferred
- Exposure to AutoCAD and advanced MS Office skills required; Exposure to AS400 or other ERP systems is preferred
- Technical aptitude
- Professional communication skills; proven ability to remain composed when faced with difficult issues and tight deadlines
- "Whatever it takes!" attitude and the desire to grow professionally within Interlake Mecalux.